Color Your Holidays - The PERFECT Gift for Your Creative Types This Year!

 



We've had this tradition in my family ever since my Mum was the Christmas frontrunner. Whenever we went shopping in December, she'd buy one or two small gifts that were on sale or within budget so wehen we got to Christmas time there were always gifts left over. She'd use them if we were going to a Christmas party of if we had some unexpected guests come for Lunch on the day. 

At the time I just thought she was hoarding and buying gifts for the sake of it but as I've grown, I've realised how smart and generous she was with this practice. Not all gifts actually did fit in the budget but Mum loved giving so much I think she'd stretch it a little more every year!


And now, twently years down the track, a mother and a wife - I do it too! I have a cupboard full of gifts to suit almost everyone and no - theyre not all art supplies that I haven't got around to using! But this year, one of the biggest gifts I wanted to give was a brand new set of Coloring Books, designed by me and ready to go out to the world for the holiday season!


The Gift of ADULT Coloring Books!

My journey with making coloring books for mindfulness and meditation started this year when I realised there were so many people who didn't realise that coloring for mindfulness was a thing! I made the Can We Color for Mindfulness Journal and Can We Color - a Beginners Guide to encourage people to pick up the habit!


The Journal and the Book are availale
on Amazon HERE


Coloring is such an underrated tool for self care and I was thrilled to bring it to my audience on clapper so the journal / habit tracker seemed like a natural next step and its become really popular for people wanting to start out on their coloring journey.


Why Should I Color?

Adult coloring books as a phenomenon really took off in 2013 when the likes of Johanna Basford begain creating books specifically for adults to color. We as a species jumped on this trend and havent looked back. Now if you search 'adult coloring books' on Amazon, you're going to be faced with over 50,000 books to choose from. But why do we love to color, what is it doing to our brains and why does it feel so darn good?


HappierHuman.com listed these 10 potential benefits of putting (colored) pencil to paper

  1.  Adult Coloring can reduce stress (as long as you don't go bankrupt buying all 50k of the coloring books - see my last post for more on that one!)
  2.  Coloring has been known to reduce anxiety
  3.  Adult coloring uses both sides of your brain, analytical and creative
  4.  Coloring can help you learn more about yourself
  5.  Coloring forces you to pay attention to detail (hold up - I feel like they're saying it encourages mindfulness!) 
  6.  Coloring brings back positive childhood memories
  7.  Coloring can be an effective therapeautic treatment for some illnesses, both physical and cognitive
  8.  Coloring can help reduce negative emotions
  9.  Coloring can increase creativity and finally
  10.  COLORING IS A FORM OF MEDITATION!!!!


Well I knew I was on to something!


So from creating the journal that encourages you to color daily and practice mindfulness daily, and take care of yourself daily (see the pattern) my mind began to whir and my coloring book range was born.

I combined a simple coloring practice with positive quotes, affirmations and words to bring the CWC Words range of coloring books to life - and here's why they're a brilliant stocking stuffer for your friends and family (in case you need more convincing!)


Mindful Words

Buy Me On Amazon Now!
 The Concept of this book came to me when I really just wanted one word, one simple powerful word that I could contemplate while I colored. 

 Each page has exactly that, a power word and an illustration. Designed to be finished in 20 minutes so you can set aside some time to color meditate and empower yourself.







Magic Words


Buy Me On Amazon Now!
 Magic words incorporates the same principles of coloring powerful, positive words with images that are reflected back at themselves. 

 You can color each image as a whole or treat one side as a reflective exercise, like visual journalling. Meditate on the word while you color and ask yourself:

1. What does this word mean to me?
2. What is the flipside of this for me?
3. Is anything blocking me from feeling...?





Me Words

Buy Me On Amazon Now!
 Me Words brings the full power of postive affirmations to your coloring meditations. 

 Broken up into three sections, "I deserve", "I will" and "Iam", these illustrations are designed to empower you on your way through life and it's an ideal book for an early morning practice (if you're the early morning type!)







Whimsy Words

Buy Me On Amazon Now!
The lastest book in this series is all about re capturing your time to play, explore and be creative. 

 When was the last time you took the time to day dream? Or imagine something hilarious and fanciful? 

 Even adults need play time so Whimsy Words encourages you to reconnect with your inner child and explore the world through curious eyes. 






Can We Colour for Mindfulness?



 
Buy Me on Amazon Now!



Can We Colour for Mindfulness is the biggest book in the range with over 50 images and it's designed for people who want to go deep into their coloring meditation practice. 

 With full quotes and affirmative sentences to reflect upon and color in addition to thought provoking illustrations, CWC for mindfulness is a beautifully illustrated and deeply personal project that I'm so proud of and was the first in this range. 






The CWC Words Range are $9.95USD each and make for a fun, sweet and helpful way to be more creative and the entire range is now available on Amazon. If you'd like to see more books in this series please let me know in the comments below. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Art Supplies - An Easy to Use Reference Guide

Colour In - But Do The Work